8.5.08

"never mind" (harlan howard)



(fotografia de horace bristol, "tom joad" da série de fotografias grapes of wrath, 1938)

"you say you're heading out to California
you've heard the grapes are falling from the vines
i was hoping you might have the urge to write me
but, I don't believe you will so never mind

i was talkin' to a man down at Genesco
he said they might be hiring anytime
i'm so tirde of going anyway the wind blows
and I though that me and you but never mind

Chorus
never mind never mind
i'm just talkin' through the wine
and you know that drinkin' always makes me sad
but before this night is through I better say I love you
or I'm gonna always wish that I had

i first saw you pickin' oranges in Orlando
all day you kept your ladder close to mine
we froze in Georgia burned up in Chicago
and I always thought that we but never mind

did you know today my baby called you daddy?
sometimes I've wished that she was yours and mine
i could call my brother Milt in Cincinnati
and ask him for a loan but never mind" (1)

nanci griffith





(1) retirado do cd de nanci griffith, little love affairs, de 1988.

Sem comentários: