4.10.07

"Tennessee Waltz" (King/Stewart")



(fotografia de Raymond Depardon, "On Va Danser"

"I was dancin' with my darlin' to the Tennessee Waltz
When an old friend I happened to see
I introduced her to my loved one
And while they were dancin'
My friend stole my sweetheart from me.

I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz
Now I know just how much I have lost
Yes, I lost my little darlin' the night they were playing
The beautiful Tennessee Waltz."

RUBY WRIGHT
(retirado do CD Regular Gal: the King Recordings 1949-1959, editado pela Westside em 2000)



(imagem de Barney Rapp com Ruby Wright)


É um disco muito bom, apesar de algumas músicas mais básicas. Eu, pessoalmente, considero que as melhores são justamente as menos conhecidas porque menos sujeitas aos clichés da música pop dos anos 50. Para os interessados, recomendaria também Doris Day, Patti Page, a fabulosa Kay Starr e Peggy Lee.

Ruby Wright no wikipedia aqui

Jorge Vicente

1 comentário:

clica no play disse...

gostei do teu blog;) mesmo. voltarei assiduamente. abraç rui